- Stand with your feet just wider than your pelvis with your feet slightly turned out.
- Externally rotate your thigh bones. Feel your weight shift to the lateral part of your foot.
- Sense into your feet, particularly your heels.
- Initiate the squat by shifting your hips back, NOT by bending your knees forward.
- Feel for your heels as you continue to sit down and back into your hips.
- Your knees will eventually come forward slightly.
- Attempt to sit your hips just below the top of your knee cap.
- Pause in the bottom for a moment, keep feeling for your heels, keep your thigh bones externally rotated and your knees wide.
- Press your feet strongly in floor to return to stand. Push the floor away from you as you stand.