- Stand with your right foot at the edge of a slightly elevated surface, like a low bench or step, with your left foot hanging off the edge.
- Keep your right leg straight, but not locked (hyperextended), during this exercise.
- Drop the left side of your pelvis. This will also lower your left foot.
- Anchor down strongly into your right heel and draw the right side of your pelvis down to lift the left side of your pelvis up.
- Pause and feel for the muscles in your right lateral hip and right butt muscles.
- Repeat for several repetitions before moving to the left leg.