1. Lie on your back with your knees bent, your feet on the floor and your arms spread.
Make sure that you have positioned your rib cage so that your front ribs are aligned into your body and your mid-back (just above and below your bra-line) is resting on the floor.
2. Shift your hips to your right.
3. Straighten your left leg.
4. Lift your right leg off the floor. Keep your knee bent.
5. Take your right knee in your left hand.
6. Move your leg across your body.
KEEP your right shoulder blade on the floor!
DO NOT back bend as you twist.
Relax and breathe easily in this shape. Can you surrender to the pull of gravity? Can you feel your body heavy on the floor?
7. Optional: Gently lift your head from the floor and turn your head to the right. Place your right ear on the floor. If this is a strain for your neck or inhibits your breathing, return your head to neutral.